Founded in 2010 DECON’s mission is to provide Bridge and Structural Engineering services professionally to exceed the expectations of our clients using the most innovative engineering technologies within the industry.
DECON offers competitive pay, quality medical/dental/ benefits, long and short-term disability Insurance, 401K, and PTO.
DECON is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE Minorities/ Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
We are actively seeking a candidate with experience in the design of roadway schematics, final design, geometry, horizontal alignments, vertical profiles, intersections, ramps, traffic control plans, and traffic engineering.
- Design of roadway schematics, final design (PS&E), horizontal alignments, vertical profiles, intersections, ramps, traffic control plans, and traffic engineering, following DOT’s standards and specifications
- Preparation, modification, and submission of schematic drawings, layouts, and other visual aids.
- Prepare, modify and submit engineering and construction designs, plans, specifications, and estimates.
- Perform Drainage analysis for highways facilities
- Good understanding of road lighting, electrical, Intelligent Transportation System (“ITS”) /tolling civil works and electrical, signalization, and related mechanical work.
- Calculate plan quantities, costs of materials, and estimates.
- Conduct technical reviews of reports.
- Conduct field visits
- Implement the QA/QC company’s procedures in the Transportation Department
- Maintain and improve Client’s relationship
- Actively support marketing and business development efforts
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree or greater in Civil Engineering or related field, MSCE is a plus
- Minimum 6 – 15 years of experience in Civil/Roadway engineering
- TXDOT/GDOT/VDOT or similar DOTs experience
REGISTRATION, CERTIFICATION, OR LICENSURE
- Register PE in the State of Texas or availability to have it in two (2) months
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Must be proficient in MicroStation V8i and Geo Pak – Open Roads knowledge a plus
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of experience in Bridge/Transportation/Roadway engineering plan production
- Ability to manage computer file systems, understand file interrelationships, and customize data within the files
- Ability to identify specific information from substantial amounts of related data and written information such as legal descriptions, reports, survey notes, manuals, standard drawings, and specifications
- Ability to read and understand the terminology and symbols used in survey notes, plans, shop drawings, and aerial photographs/maps to interpret data/information for use in designing construction plans and engineering exhibits
- Ability to accurately transfer information in numerical, written, sketched, or electronic format from sources such as legal descriptions, survey data, aerial photographs, and computer files to final plans and engineering exhibits
- Ability to participate and work effectively in working relationships with teammates, clients, and sub-consultants
- Strong work ethic with a desire to work in a production environment