Founded in 2010 DECON’s mission is to provide Bridge and Structural Engineering services professionally to exceed the expectations of our clients using the most innovative engineering technologies within the industry. DECON offers competitive pay, quality medical/dental/vision benefits, 401K, PTO, and recognizes the need for work-life balance.
DECON is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE Minorities/ Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
We are actively seeking a self-motivated Civil Engineer with strong technical knowledge. The Project Engineer will work integrally and collaboratively with a team of engineers in designing and producing a variety of bridge and structural projects under the direct supervision of the Principal.
The job location is in Houston, TX.
- Work collaboratively in a team environment to accomplish task assignments related to schematic and PS&E bridge design for a variety of transportation projects, with a focus on TxDOT, GDOT, and VDOT work.
- Use LEAP Concrete, LEAP Steel, PG Super, MDX, BGS, and TxDOT bridge design programs to design bridge elements. Use MicroStation, GEOPAK, and Inroads. Capability to use OpenRoads and OpenBridge Modeler software to develop designs for transportation projects.
- Produce 3D geometric designs for horizontal & vertical geometry for bridges, culverts, retaining walls and embankments, and cutting cross sections and detail sheets.
- Assist members of the project design team with engineering programs, design tasks, and tools.
- Initiative to implement improvement of project quality and technical capabilities.
- Preparation, modification, and submission of bridge drawings, layouts, and other visual aids, following project scopes, budgets, and schedules.
- Calculate plan quantities, costs of materials, and estimates.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering. Structural or transportation emphasis is required. A Master’s degree in Science is a plus.
- More than Five years of industry experience in Bridge/Roadway engineering.
- Experience in the design of DOT’s bridge and structural projects. Roadway design experience is a plus.
REGISTRATION, CERTIFICATION, OR LICENSURE
- Must be licensed as a Professional Engineer in the State of Texas or have the ability to obtain the license within a year of hire.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of engineering principles and practices. Familiarity with DOT and local rules, regulations, standards, and procedures.
- Working knowledge of AASHTO LRFD. Ability to use DOT’s Bridge Design and Detailing Manuals and follow DOT’s Policy.
- Skilled in the use of computer-aided design techniques including the following software applications: Bentley MicroStation, GeoPak, LEAP Steel, LEAP Concrete, PG Super, Bluebeam, Adobe. Familiarity with OpenRoads, OpenBridge Modeler, MDX, MIDAS, RM Bridge, and LARS Bridge is a plus.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft office software such as MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Passion for all types of bridge engineering.