Founded in 2010 DECON’s mission is to provide Bridge and Structural Engineering services in a professional manner to exceed the expectations of our clients using the most innovative engineering technologies within the industry.
DECON offers competitive pay, quality medical/dental/vision benefits, 401K, PTO, and recognizes the need for work-life balance.
DECON is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE Minorities/ Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
We are actively seeking CAD/Microstation Sr. Technicians/Designers, for full and part time positions, proficient in Bentley Microstation V8i®.
- Prepare 3D Models
- Convert Microstation drawings to AutoCAD and manipulating layers
- Create baseline drawings of existing client facilities overlaid on proposed civil design files
- Interpret client facility maps and placing facilities in MicroStation drawings
- Interpret client reports regarding rights of way, easements and environmental site investigations and placing the required information into a baseline drawing
- Modify drawings as directed by engineer or design coordinator
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- An Associate or Applied Science Degree (AAS) in Engineering, Design and Drafting Technology or equivalent
- Over five years of experience on multidisciplinary DOT projects including Bridge, Drainage, TCP and Roadway.
REGISTRATION, CERTIFICATION OR LICENSURE
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must be proficient in Revit, MicroStation V8i, Projectwise and Geopak – Open Roads and Open Bridge knowledge a plus
- Must have a minimum 5 years of experience in Bridge/Transportation/Roadway engineering plan production
- Ability to manage computer file systems, understand file interrelationships, and customize data within the files
- Ability to identify specific information from substantial amounts of related data and written information such as legal descriptions, reports, survey notes, manuals, standard drawings, and specifications
- Ability to read and understand the terminology and symbols used in survey notes, plans, shop drawings, aerial photographs/maps to interpret data/information for use in designing construction plans and engineering exhibits
- Ability to accurately transfer information in numerical, written, sketched, or electronic format from sources such as legal descriptions, survey data, aerial photographs, and computer files to final plans and engineering exhibits
- Ability to participate and work effectively in working relationships with teammates, clients, and sub-consultants
- Strong work ethic with desire to work in a production environment
Leave A Comment