Founded in 2010 DECON’s mission is to provide Bridge and Structural Engineering services in a professional manner to exceed the expectations of our clients using the most innovative engineering technologies within the industry.
DECON offers competitive pay, quality medical/dental/vision benefits, 401K, PTO, and recognizes the need for work-life balance.
DECON is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE Minorities/ Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
We are actively seeking for a self-motivated Business Development Manager with strong leadership skills and a thorough understanding of business operations and federal and state procurement processes. The Business Development Manager position reports to the Company’s President.
- Identify, develop, track and opportunities for State and Federal Government contracts
- Build, develop, and manage trusted relationships with key agency decision makers and executives, promote DECON’s advantage and position the company to pursue and win opportunities as they go to market
- Create and deliver effective client presentations and proposals that address the specific needs of a client
- Develop and execute business development plans and coordinate BD efforts to achieve sales and revenue targets
- Develop marketing strategy and assist with planning and executing sales initiatives; actively participate in marketing events for lead generation
- Collaborate with Executive Leadership Team in executing the company’s sales process to achieve growth objectives.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related discipline required
- Over 15 years’ experience supporting State, Federal, and or DOD engineering and acquisition business development/capture.
- A/E/C industry experience
- Strong understanding of State and DOD market with relevant organizational relationships.
- Proven record of developing new Architecture/Engineering/Transportation clients
- Successful track record of developing leads, proposal development, and winning contracts with the GSA, DoD, and other federal and state agencies
- Familiarity with federal acquisition vehicles such as FedBizOps, GSA e-Buy, contracts and GSA schedules
- Working knowledge of SBA and FAR rules and regulations
- A clear record of quota achievement and metrics-driven approach to prospecting and managing pipeline through to a successful close
- Proficiency in tracking potential opportunities and forecasting accurately on a monthly/quarterly/annual basis
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills with experience presenting at the executive levels
- Excellent proposal writing and verbal skills with an attention to organization, detail, and quality presentation
- Organizational skills and discipline in using sales productivity tools
- Strong desire to work with a company to expand a Federal Government business
- Ability to pass drug screening and Federal Government criminal background check with no felony records
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Proven sales track record
- Must be able to prioritize.
- Broad business knowledge.
- Ethical behavior.
- Excellent networking skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office software