Founded in 2010 DECON’s mission is to provide Bridge and Structural Engineering services in a professional manner to exceed the expectations of our clients using the most innovative engineering technologies within the industry.
DECON offers competitive pay, quality medical/dental/vision benefits, 401K, PTO, and recognizes the need for work-life balance.
DECON is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE Minorities/ Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
We are actively seeking for a Civil Engineers – Rodway/Drainage/TCP/ITS with a Texas PE (or ability to obtain Texas PE within 2 months of employment) to be part of our Team.
- Design of roadway schematics, final design, horizontal alignments, vertical profiles, intersections, ramps, traffic control plans and traffic engineering, following DOT’s standards and specifications
- Preparation, modification and submission of schematic drawings, layouts, and other visual aids.
- Prepare, modify and submit engineering and construction designs, plans, specifications, and estimates.
- Perform Drainage analysis for highways facilities including hydrologic/hydraulic calculations.
- Good understanding of road lighting, electrical, Intelligent Transportation System (“ITS”)/tolling civil works and electrical, signalization, and related mechanical work.
- Calculate plan quantities, costs of materials and estimates.
- Conduct technical reviews of reports.
- Conduct field visits.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree or greater in Civil Engineering or related field, MSCE is a plus
- 5 to 10 years of experience in Civil/Roadway engineering
- Must be licensed as a Professional Engineer by the State of Texas
- TXDOT/GDOT/VDOT or similar DOTs experience
REGISTRATION, CERTIFICATION OR LICENSURE
- Register PE in the State of Texas or availability to have it in two (2) months
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must be proficient in MicroStation V8i and Geopak – Open Roads knowledge a plus
- Must have a minimum 5 years of experience in Bridge/Transportation/Roadway engineering plan production
- Ability to manage computer file systems, understand file interrelationships, and customize data within the files
- Ability to identify specific information from substantial amounts of related data and written information such as legal descriptions, reports, survey notes, manuals, standard drawings, and specifications
- Ability to read and understand the terminology and symbols used in survey notes, plans, shop drawings, aerial photographs/maps to interpret data/information for use in designing construction plans and engineering exhibits
- Ability to accurately transfer information in numerical, written, sketched, or electronic format from sources such as legal descriptions, survey data, aerial photographs, and computer files to final plans and engineering exhibits
- Ability to participate and work effectively in working relationships with teammates, clients, and sub-consultants
- Strong work ethic with desire to work in a production environment
Note: Recruiters, please do not contact this poster. Please do not contact us with unsolicited services or offers